Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Go Green - Non-Toxic Cleaners (Handy Spray Bottle)

I have been meaning to tell you all about this for some time now.  Jerry and I had found these spray bottles at the Container Store and I think they are pretty neat.  On the side of the bottle is instructions on how to make several different types of cleaners.  We did buy 3 bottles and I will say one of them the sprayer gives me trouble but I have figured out a work around (I take the sprayer off and squeeze the trigger and if it sticks I pull down on the hose and it will pop and I keep doing that until it smoothly sprays without sticking).  Besides having the instructions on the bottle I love the location on the bottle were you unscrew it, it is the wide area making it really easy to add things to the bottle to make up the solutions.

General Cleaner
Add 2 tablespoon  baking soda to 16oz warm water

Window Cleaner
Add 1 tsp distilled white vinegar to 16oz warm water

Disinfecting Cleaner
Add 10-20 drops of tea tree oil to 16oz warm water

Floor Cleaner
To 16oz of warm water add 1/2 tsp liquid soap, 1/2 tsp borax, Squeeze of lemon or Splash of vinegar, Spray floor with solution and mop as usual


Linen Spray (I have not tried this one)
Add 5 drops of your favorite scented oil to 8oz water use to freshen linens and curtains

We use all the cleaners except the Linen Spray and the General Cleaner and we like them because we can clean without having the chemical smell.  We had started using these when I was pregnant and they have been great.  What we did was buy several bottles as I mentioned above and we made up the different solutions and labeled the bottles that way it is ready to go when we need it.

Happy Cleaning Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm going to save this to my favorites!!
    You've got so many wonderful ideas. Being a cleaning lady, this is so helpful!
    Thank you, Rachel!
    Xoxoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!