Friday, February 15, 2013

The Adventures In Sewing/Serging

Ok so we all know I am pretty darn crafty and let's just say Pintrest has inspired me over and over again.  The jury is out if Jerry things this is a good thing or a bad thing (leaning towards good).  So I have decided to continue my efforts into saving money and going green by making:

- Re-usuable Paper Non-Paper Towels
- Re-usuable Snack Bags
- Re-usuable Napkins

With that said I kept seeing You Tube videos on Serging and I decided to get one.  Now I am serging away.  I am in the learning process and I made a roll of Non-Paper towels but I learned some lessons.  I am sure as I keep going they will get better.  

Now I am trying to figure out the best way for me to make a sandwich/snack bag.  I am going to give these away as party favors at Annabelle's 1st birthday party with some gold fish in them.  

I will give you an update once I have this thing down pat.  But I mist say serging looks so much more professional then sewing and the machine trims the fabric as you go, Awesome!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Jerry got Annabelle and I a heart pandora charm that one side says Mother and the other side says Daughter and she got her very own bracelet.   I also got a tunnel of love charm.  Jerry is a very thoughtful and great gift giver!

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet you both got charms from Jerry! What a great husband and daddy!
    Omygosh Rachel, your photos of Annabelle are incredible...just saw them on fb!! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Annabelle is so good at taking pictures. She really wasn't to sure about making a mess though so we had to do it for her :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!