Friday, August 12, 2011

Thank You and Update

Jerry and I wanted to let all of you know we really appreciate all of your well wishes.  It was great to finally be able to share this information with all of you as it has been hard for us to keep it quiet for this long.  I did slip a little and tell some folks I work with, but they guessed it any ways :-)

How I Am Feeling:
The number one question I received when telling people I was pregnant was "How are you feeling?"  I am doing well (knock on wood).  You always see in movies woman getting morning sickness and so everyone expects this what every pregnant woman goes through, but I have found that is not the case.  I do need to make sure I don't get HUNGRY HUNGRY because that will make me nauseous.  I do take all of my vitamins right before bed and I think that is key to keeping the nausea down.  

I have been very tired all the time so working out has been little to none.  I started last week going to the gym with Jerry but I have only made it there once a week (better than nothing).  My waste is growing but I don't think it is the baby (LOL).  I am starting to feel as though I have more energy now that I entering the second trimester, I am hoping now I will be able to get out and work out (never mind this heat has kept me in too).

Cravings:
This can change from day to day but in particular I am not so big on craving meat it is more of the sweets.  I have been craving fresh food like fruit salad and grapes but there is ice cream in those sweet cravings too.  The thought of frozen meals doesn't sit well with me, so using the bulk meals I made and froze has not happened in some time.  Mostly I want to eat foods cooked from fresh ingredients, like my husbands veggie soup and our roasted chicken with carrots and potatoes.   

Baby Development:  Week 12
"The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce."


Special Thank You:
I went into work on Thursday and one of my work friends Stephanie had left a present on my desk.  I was VERY surprised!!! She bought me 2 of her kids favorite books and a very nice card.  She is so thoughtful!  Thank you Stephanie!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are such cute books! What a thoughtful gift! So glad you are in a great place with this pregnancy, rachel! It is so refreshing to see someone deserving get their "little miracle"...love your names btw!!
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Xoxo
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!