Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Trip to the ER

This morning my husband and I went out for our usual brunch.  After eating half of my breakfast I started to feel sick.  At first I felt full then nauseous as I was trying to figure out if I should sit there and ride it out of make my way through the restaurant to the restroom then I started to feel like I was going to pass out as I sat there.

My husband was very concerned as soon as I started to get nauseous and when I told him I was losing my sight and felt like was going to pass out he called 911.  I was getting tunnel vision and what I could see was stary the restaurant was very busy and loud yet I could only hear my DH (hardly) and everything else was fading and I was breaking out into cold sweats, breathing heavy.

My husbands family has a lot of health problems so he knew to keep me from going down I had to sqeeze his hands.  So I did and that helped me start to come back but my hands went all tingly.  This all lasted about 3 mins. and the EMTs were there only about 3 mins after I started to feel better. They were very fast and I am thankful for that.

My BP for me was a bit high when they got there and then it went really low (kind of all over) and my blood sugar was ok.  I ended up taking a ride to the ER in the Ambulance just incase it happened again.
Baby Annabelle is ok and her HR was 146 and she is still kicking away.  They ended up giving me an IV and fluids and checking my blood work and doing an EKG.

The best they could tell me this is a pregnancy thing and that pregnant woman pass out and to eat every 2hrs and rest.  They think my growing uterus might of put pressure on a nerve, who knows.

The lesson here is if you feel like you are going to pass out, sit down and squeeze your husbands hands.  So our Sunday was spent at the ER watching TV and getting poked at, I am just thankful Annabelle is doing well.


  1. OMG So scary! That totally happened to me when I was pregnant. It was exactly as you described. My dr didn't seem concerned at all. Glad you and baby checked out fine and you're feeling better.

  2. Yes it was very scary but I am hoping it was a one time thing. Hoping!!


Thank you for your comments!