Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Go Green - Going Toxic Free

In this prior post I talked to you about some home made cleaning recipes that we use and the bottle we are using.  Over the past week Jerry and I have been talking about making all of our own cleaners including laundry detergent, dish soap and dishwasher soap to name a few.

Today I noticed our usual Dawn dish soap was almost out and I opting to replace it with my own toxic free dish soap that I will be making from Pure Castile Soap and Water.  Simple enough right?  I will let you know how it works out.

Our dishwasher soap is also running low and when that is gone it will be replaced with a mixture of Borax and Washing Soap along with Distilled Vinegar in the rinsing agent.

We have 2 goals in doing this:

  1. Removed toxic chemicals from our environment
  2. Reduce cost
I will give you all an update once we have started using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!