Friday, September 2, 2011

15 Weeks !!

As I said when I started this blog that I was sure time would both fly and stand still at times, and though it feels like we have been waiting forever to be within one week of finding out if our little pumpkin is a boy or a girl we are now only 1 week away!

The good news is this is a long weekend making next week shorter and making Sept. 10th get here all that much faster.  After we find out what we are having we are going to get a few more things for the little pumpkin and I so can't wait to know if we will be buying blue or pink.  Jerry swears it is a boy and he might be right and I have felt like it is a girl, well at least we both can't be wrong.

I am hoping with the long weekend we can do something fun this weekend, I can't believe we have not been to the beach once this year (was WAY to hot for a long time).  I do know we are going to check out Buy Buy Baby (store) and a Thai restaurant a friend suggested.  Are lawn also needs to be mowed desperately, that's a Jerry job.

Baby Bump:  Still looks like I am just fat : ( but the good news is I don't feel uncomfortable really other than my ligaments stretching a little.

Week 15:  "Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")"

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your long weekend! I hope the scan comes round quickly for you..not long to go now! Hooray for 15 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!