Sunday, October 16, 2011

21 Week Check In

On Friday we hit the 21 week mark (not as big of a mile stone as 20 weeks but every week is one more week closer to meeting Annabelle).  She is now about the size of a carrot (10.5 inches long).  I am still not really feeling her move all that much, from time to time I think I feel her but I am not sure.

I have not gained a lot of weight, but I sure do feel like it.  I have a bum knee right now and my hands and feet have been swelling making walking a lot uncomfortable.  I had a few bad nights last week, waking up at 4am after going to sleep late and then having to go to work with only a few hours of sleep, never mind having to slowly walking into the office as not to pop my knee out.   I have had a lot on my mind and I think that has been keeping me up.  But this weekend our KING size mattress was delivered and that might help me stay asleep this week, now we are just waiting for our bed frame to get here in a couple of weeks.

How am I feeling?  I feel swollen as I mentioned my feet have been swollen and so are my hands.  I have been really tired, stressed and emotional.  I have a Dr. appointment this up coming week so let's see what my blood pressure is and hope it is still low as it was last time.  Every day I am just counting down the days to get us to January because I know everything will be so close then.   My only focus these days (besides my wonderful husband) is getting ready for Annabelle and keeping myself feeling good.  The week days with working is very exhausted and last week all I wanted to do was come home and put my feet up and ice my knee.

What's New?  This weekend Jerry and I got a lot done around the house (by gosh it is starting to look like people live here.. LOL).  My husband ROCKS and he was able to pick up my slack.  As I mentioned before we got our king size mattress delivered so we now have our old bed in our guest room and we put up pictures and curtains in there also, heck now we can have guests!

We also put up curtains in our bedroom along with some wall art.  Jerry is a the best and he changed out our shower heads in both bathrooms (guest room didn't have one because the prior one was broken).  He also hung up a shelf in the bathroom we have had for some time and just never got around to hanging it.  Aaaaa now our master really is starting to feel like a nice bedroom.  We should have our new bed frame in a 2-3 weeks as it is being made at Bassett right now... we are very excited about that.

We also picked up the molding that will go around Annabelle's room between the 2 wall colors, it is going to look so good.  We will need to get that molding up and sand and paint the alphabet letters to go around her room.

We are getting there!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by emotional. I have been really emotional too. I hope you feel better with everything else soon too. Congrats on 21 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new king size bed! You are going to Love it :)

    We made the upgrade a few weeks ago; not only does our room feel much more mature and "grownup" but the size of the bed allows me to build my fortress of pillows around me without getting in hubby's way lol. I went from waking 4-5 times a night to only 1-2 and they at least have purpose (new bed doesn't fix pregnancy bladder). The better sleep has also helped my moods. It's a wonder what a new bed can do!

    Congratulations on 21 weeks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to you, rachel!!! king size beds are the best...it's great to cuddle and be close but also awesome to have room to roll over and have your space (your story of "the black widow" just came to mind! hahahaha
    i'm so happy your baby you and jerry are doing great!!
    sorry for the restless nights and swollen feet. i know they're no fun!
    wishing you restfull nights and unswelly feet!! :)
    lots of love
    maria <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!